A pill box is a small shallow cylindrical box for holding pills. It is characterized by little partitions where drugs are kept. It is also called a Dossed box and exists in two types, which are:
- Digital pill box:This pill box comes with an alarm that helps remind a patient when to take certain drugs. It can consist of 7-28 partitions for storing different drugs for different times in the day.
- Non-digital pill box:This pill box has no digital qualities. It is just a usual box where pills are stored.
The Pillendose Wochentage is an example of a versatile pill box that is extremely helpful for people under drug prescriptions. However, it is generally advised that a pill box be used in line with the doctor’s prescription.
Uses Of A Pill Box
There are various ways a pill box can be helpful to patients, and they include:
- Storing drugs: Pill boxes are used for one primary reason: to store drugs. This tool is usually advisable for patients with a short memory or that are too busy remembering the dose and prescription of drugs that the doctor advised.
- Organizing drugs: This is another use that accompanies storage. Patients with a short memory and many different drugs to take can find it challenging to keep track of their drug dose. A pill box helps organize the different drugs in an orderly fashion according to the doctor or pharmacist’s dose.
How To Use A Pill Box.
Pill boxes come in different forms, each with different ways in which they are used but serving the same purpose: to hold drugs or pills. Here is a guide on how to use the different forms of pill boxes.
- When acquiring a pill box, consider the dose per day and the number of days a drug is to serve. This enables you to know the kind of pill box to acquire.
- After acquiring a pill box, it is mandatory to always use a pill box with a doctor or pharmacist’s help and guide to organize and administer drugs to the patient properly.
- Ensure to always take your pill box along while still on a drug dose to avoid the dangers that accompany missing a drug dose.
- Also, set aside a reminder to aid adequate and early intake of drugs for non-digital pill boxes. Digital pill boxes possess reminders that remind a patient when it is time to take their drugs.
- Ensure the pill box is stored in a cool place and avoid exposing the drugs to direct sunlight, as it can affect the drug’s potency.
Importance Of A Pill Box
- Pill boxes help to ensure the drugs are safe: The design of pill boxes ensures that the drugs are protected from actions that affect the drug’s potency.
- Ensure the patients’ drugs are well partitioned in order of dose and time to avoid the patient mixing up their drugs or taking the wrong medication.
Pill boxes are devices that create an organized system to ensure that both the efficacy and potency of the drug are protected. Its qualities make it very portable to carry around, eliminating the possibility of a patient missing their medications.